What is digital marketing?
As the name suggests, digital marketing is advertising activities using digital formats, and therefore related to modern technologies. In simple terms, it can be said that these are advertising activities on the Internet, hence other names are Internet marketing or online marketing.
The changes that have occurred in the world in recent years: the progressive digitization, the dynamic development of social media and finally the pandemic have made digital marketing play an increasingly important role in advertising communication in relation to traditional communication channels. And all indications are that this process will only accelerate.
The most important elements of digital marketing
Digital marketing is broad in terms. In practice, it has many tools at its disposal. Let us list the most important of them:
- Dipslay campaigns – paid campaigns using graphic ads (banner, billboard, pop-up, expanding ads etc.) that can be viewed on the screen of any electronic device: computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone. By clicking on it, the user is redirected to the website (landing page).
- Landing page – known as landing page or product page. Its task is to promote or sell a product or service.
- Social Media Marketing, i.e. advertising on social networks such as Facebook, Instagram, TikTok. It allows you to build and strengthen relationships with the target group.
- Activations with influencers – activities using Influencer Marketing – a form of marketing in social media, consisting in using the recommendations of influential people to disseminate the message among the widest possible audience.
- E-mail marketing – that is, advertising via e-mail. A highly personalized form of advertising that allows you to maintain relationships and increase sales. Its advantage is, among others high measurability, cost-effectiveness and the possibility of diversifying the content for various target groups.
- Paid campaigns settled in the Pay-Per-Click model (PPC / SEM) – in which the advertiser pays for each click. This includes Google Ads and Facebook Ads.
- Content Marketing – that is, action based on creating unique and consistent content. This allows, among others to build a credible brand image, increase awareness, but also play a significant role in generating sales. It includes, among others creating content for websites, photos, videos, graphics, newsletters and e-books.
- SEO – a tool aimed at optimizing websites. It allows you to achieve high positions in search engines and increase organic traffic on the website. It includes activities such as: skilful selection of keywords, creating valuable content with their use, optimizing the website from the technical side. The result is proper positioning.
- SMS and MMS campaigns – advertising via private text and image messages, operated through specialized platforms. It is characterized by high reaching efficiency.
- Marketing Automation – i.e. marketing automation. Activities consisting in identifying users and monitoring their behavior using cookies. Thanks to the data obtained in this way, it is possible to adjust the displayed content to a specific user.
Is that topic interesting for you?
Why is it worth to bet on digital marketing?
The digital marketing world can seem complicated. Therefore, at the beginning, customers have many questions and concerns whether the digital marketing campaign will bring the desired effect. In practice, however, online marketing achieves high cost effectiveness while minimizing risk. Several factors contribute to this:
Cost-effectiveness – digital marketing is cheaper than traditional marketing and many tools are completely free.
Measurability of the effects – it’s easy to see how many people clicked on the link or reacted to the post. This means that the results can be monitored on an ongoing basis, and the activities can be adjusted on an ongoing basis as well to meet the intended goals.
Targeting and personalization – we can limit the message to people potentially interested in a product or service. And also personalize it to effectively reach them.
Scale ability – as part of the offered tools, you can prepare an offer for every budget.
How to choose a digital marketing agency?
Planning a comprehensive digital campaign requires the cooperation of specialists from many areas: marketers, strategists, graphic designers, positioners, copywriters, graphic designers – as well as creating a strategy and selecting optimal tools within the offered budget. Working in digital marketing requires thorough knowledge of its mechanisms and constant updating of knowledge – therefore, before choosing a digital marketing agency, make sure that the agency employs specialists and provides an appropriate standard of service.
What to look for when choosing a digital marketing agency? Of course, a reliable agency will use professional, paid tools. However, experience is no less important: how long the agency has been operating in the field of digital marketing and whether it has clients in its portfolio, to whom it has been offering services for many years. Finally – does it have case studies – i.e. examples of successful digital marketing campaigns.
Digital marketing at Neon Shake
Digital marketing – next to content and video marketing – is one of the main areas in which the Neon Shake agency specializes. For many years we have been successfully running campaigns for clients from all over Europe and even the USA. With many of them we have been cooperating for years.
From strategy, through creation, design, media and production – we carry out both single orders and multi-stage digital campaigns that translate into measurable results. Among other things, thanks to the fact that we are not afraid of non-standard solutions.
For the Simond By Decathlon brand, we have carried out an image campaign “Korona Skał Polskich”, addressed to climbers. Our task was to create a communication strategy that would strengthen Simond’s image as a high-quality brand of climbing equipment.
See our campaign for Decathlon
In cooperation with representatives of the Polish Mountaineering Association, the recognized climbing school Kilimanjaro and valued influencers, we organized a non-standard campaign aimed at selecting the Crown of Polish Rocks (similar to the Crown of Polish Mountains). The climbers were asked to submit their tips via the landing page, then they were verified by the jury. We also added a CSR element: for each application, Decathlon declared a donation of PLN 5 for the renewal and exchange of security points in Polish rocks. The result – a huge commitment of the climbing community and honorable mention of the agency at the Kreatura advertising festival.
Another example is a custom campaign for one of the world’s largest game producers – Ubisoft – “I’m watching you.” This time, we “took over” computers and phones of YouTube users (and other portals) as part of the activation promoting Watch Dogs: Legion. We reached users with a personalized video that was thematically linked with their preferred content. We have made as many as 20 videos to effectively interest the widest possible audience. The custom action was noticed by the media and had great results – average watch time and view rate significantly exceeded the base KPI.
Of course, these are just some of our projects. If you are interested in our portfolio or more detailed information about the agency, please contact us!